Thursday, May 28, 2015

Hush Little Bunny

If you've read my blog for a while, you might have seen a few Gorjuss cards here and there. I've tried using Copics, watercolor and Prismacolor pencils. I've done simple background, complicated layers and a ton of different embellishments. And I was not too happy with any of them. I actually only shared a very small portion of the Gorjuss cards I've created because the rest of them just fell short of decent, even.

But I have a pretty hefty collection of Gorjuss stamps now (including a couple from the newest release), and I really want to use them. They've got a lovely style and the stamp quality and price is awesome. So, I just had to find a way to make the stamps work with my existing supplies and my current style.

And I think this card is it. It's the first card that I'm completely happy with -- from the coloring on the girl, to the background and the embellishments. I'm happy, and that makes me feel even more motivated to keep going with other Gorjuss stamps (yes, expect to see a few more cards!).

For this card, I used Hush Little Bunny, which is one of the newest Gorjuss releases. I colored her in with Copics, going for lighter and more desaturated colors (RV00, V91, V95 for the dress, for example), then I added a darker hair and bright red accessories. After I finished coloring her in, I carefully fussy-cut her with a pair of scissors and set her aside.

For my background, I wanted to go completely neutral, so I went with a gray patterned paper. This paper had a very subtle texture to it, which gave it a slightly distressed look. I stamped a few lines for some extra interest in light gray, then created a ground for the girl to stand on. I adhered the girl with my standard adhesive.

I kept the sentiment simple, stamping it in black onto a small ribbon-shaped strip. I used my Copcis to color in the strip a little, so it would better match the texture on the patterned paper.

I added lots of embellishments - some sequins, enamel dots and 3 resin roses I recently purchased.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

2 comments:

  1. And, I will say it again - you are so incredibly talented, Elle! Your colouring of this Gorjuss girl is...wait for it, GORGEOUS! The finished card is just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kylie! I'm just so happy that I finally figured out a coloring style I like with the Gorjuss stamps. I've got several of them and quite a few failed cards. But this card, I'm perfectly happy with. :D

      Delete